My name is Virginia. I live on St. Simons Island, GA. I am currently attending school for Business Management. I work part time at Sherwin Williams where I am hoping to have a career once I graduate In December of 2018.
- I have been riding since I was 6. I have dabbled between Hunter Jumpers and Jumpers from the age of 15, but found my heart belonged in the Jumper’s world. At 15 I showed in Hunters for one year. I then began showing a horse we leased named Skeeter from ages of 16-18 at various local shows in Jumpers. After not riding for four years I purchased my first horse who is a 9-year-old OTTB named Atlas. I have begun to retrain him. I was hoping to have a jumper on my hands, but I have begrudgingly accepted that my lazy crop and spur ride with a lofty canter was destined for the Hunter world.
- Atlas is my first horse. I have had him for a little over a year. He has the mentality of a teenage boy. His favorite activates are eating anything, and playing with zippers on my jackets. His best friend is the vet. We talk, or see her once a month. We are hoping to begin our show career this year. I truly believe this boy is my heart horse.
- Jumpers is where my heart lies, I however joined the dark side of Hunters and am excited for the challenge of teaching my boy.
- I would have to say that my dream horse to ride would be HH Azur hands down, or any of Mclain Ward’s mounts. Actually, if I could be him it would be great.
- My fiancé and I have a Black Lab named Dakoda, and a fish named Philo. They are both spoiled, and yes you can spoil a fish.
- Interesting fact? I still get butterflies in my stomach from excitement/ nerves despite riding Atlas almost every day.